Description

Sunday, March 26, 2017

CURRENTLY WATCHING: THE NEWSROOM


Without fail, I'm constantly watching a TV show. I don't watch any shows while they're actually on TV, that requires too much patience, something I am severely lacking in. So I watch shows on Netflix or Amazon Prime, whose access I've stolen from my grandparents.

This week, I started watching The Newsroom on a whim (on HBO Now and Amazon Prime). In fact, I loved it so much, upon finishing (there are three seasons totaling 25 episodes), I immediately began watching again. The Newsroom is a political drama series chronicling the behind the scenes and events at the fictional Atlantic Cable News. Centered around Jeff Daniels as anchor Will McAvoy who, together with his executive producer Mackenzie McHale and staff, sets out to put on a news show "in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements."

As this crazy world we live in just seems to get more and more unbelievable, I find myself thinking, "What would Will McAvoy think of all this?"


No comments :

Post a Comment