Description

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE NIGHTLY ROUTINE


I've started breaking out from the stress of life right now. It's not pretty. Of course, when that happens, I start researching what I can do to counteract, since my current skin regimen (ProActiv) didn't seem to be working. I added two products had great reviews and seem to be working wonders. 

Kate Somerville Foam-Activated Acne Treatment: An innovate gel-cream masks that helps clear breakouts, dissolve impurities, and minimze the appearance of pores without overdrying skin. It gently exfoliates dead skin cells and helps unclog pores, while sulfur helps reduce and prevent pimples, zits, and future breakouts. WIthin minutes, its unique foam-activated technology helps dissolve impurities and dirt and address oily skin, and an advanced botanical complex containing boswellia serrata, honey extracts, and rice bran help calm and soothe your complex. But what really got my science and math minded self: research results. 

In an independent clinical study after one week of use:
--Women showed an 88% reduction in the number of blackheads.
--Women showed a 55% reduction in the number of whiteheads.
--100% of women showed a reduction in pore size.
After four weeks of use:
--Women showed a 100% reduction in the number of blackheads.
--Women showed a 86% reduction in the number of whiteheads.
--100% of women showed a reduction in pore size.
--805 of women reported prevents clogged pores to minimize breakouts.
87% of women reported skin look and felt smoother. 

My review: It easy to put on, not thick, pink, and slightly tingly. Leave it on for ten minutes, rinse off, and pat dry and you're done. Simple and it seems to be working. I've definitely noticed a reduction in stray pimples and am hoping after a few more weeks more of a reduction in blackheads and whiteheads. My skin sounds like it's disgusting but it's really not, I promise!

Paula's Choice "Clear" Extra Strength Daily Skin Clearing Treatment: I decided I may a little extra help and switched from my normal 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment to this 5% version. The solution works instantly to eliminate acne causing bacteria to stop blemishes. Unlike most other benzoyl peroxide based acne products, this skin clearing treatment contains no harsh or irritating ingredients that can make acne worse, such as alcohol, menthol, or camphor. It also contains soothing anti-irritants to help skin heal and reduce red marks caused by blemishes. Its super light lotion texture sets to a matte finish and can be worn under makeup.

My review: I've already noticed a difference and I've only been using it a week. The best part is that it really is light and can be worn under other products and hasn't dried out my skin at all. 

No comments :

Post a Comment