Description

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

CURRENTLY WATCHING: "CALL THE MIDWIFE"

BBC's show "Call the Midwife" has been on my Netflix list for months but usually, I return to something I've already watched and can have on in the background while I'm doing other things. I finally got started this series. Worth it.

"Call the Midwife" is a period drama about a group of nurse midwives working in the East End of London in the late 1950s and early 1960s. The show explores their day to day lives and also touches on events that were going on in the time and their effect on people's lives and health care. It is based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth. The show also tackles subjects such as miscarriage, abortion and unwanted pregnancies, birth defects, poverty, illness and disease epidemics, prostitution, religion and faith, and racism.


No comments :

Post a Comment