Description

Monday, October 17, 2016

PODCAST: MY FAVORITE MURDER

When I'm in the car, there's are times I want to jam out (usually on the way to class at 7:30 in the morning, to help wake myself up) and times I just want to get absorbed in a story (usually during my 30 minute commute to work). In those cases, I always turn to podcasts. You can find my favorites here. Recently, I've been reading rave reviews about a new podcast called "My Favorite Murder". For a while, I had been listening to "Sword and Scale" but at times, I just found it too long and serious. "My Favorite Murder" is a weekly podcast hosted by two comedians, Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark. It's just the two of them, chilling in Georgia's living room, discussing murder and true crime. They also have listeners submit "Hometown Murders" that they read on air. 

I'm sure people will have problems with them so casually discussing murders, but both of the women truly care about the victims and about the perpetrators receiving punishment for their heinous crimes (Law and Order: SVU reference). A lot of us are interested in true crime, but it's not often something that we feel comfortable discussing, as it may be viewed as morbid or weird. I've always been interested in true crime and the psychology behind it. I've often found myself on creepy websites late at night, creeped out of my mind. 

When I get home in the morning at 7 AM and it's still completely dark outside after listening to the podcast on my way home, I have to say I'm a lot more aware of my surroundings. I've even started carrying pepper spray and a whistle, and making sure all those windows and doors are locked at all times.

If you like funny women, podcasts, and true crime, I highly recommend my favorite murder. I can't stop listening. 

No comments :

Post a Comment