Description

Monday, August 22, 2016

OH, LEVI'S


The vintage Levi's trend has been around for a bit. It's been written about in Vogue, seen on the likes of current fashion favorites like Kendall Jenner and Gigi and Bella Hadid. Of course, my original inspirations were in the form of Hannah Henderson's Instagram (who has the best collection and wears them effortlessly) and James Kicinski-McCoy of Bleubird (between her instagram, blog, and instagram stories, the woman inspires me daily).

This seemed like a trend I could actually get behind. I hate wearing tight clothing and liked the *idea*, key word there. But bringing my vision to fruition was not going according to plan. As someone who lives for online shopping, where I can buy, get free shipping (and returns, if necessary), and try everything on in the comfort of my home, leaving the house to scour area thrift stores for the perfect pair seemed like a punishment. I tried this course for a while but ended up with nothing.

I then turned to online, scouring etsy, but ain't nobody got time for that. Of course, I ended up at my favorite Nordstrom's, which had just added Re/Done to their online inventory. Re/Done is a company that finds and sources vintage Levi's, and then lists them in the sizes you would normally buy. Makes everything easy. Right? Not so right.

Above is blurry pictures of me trying on these pants, because I know that is just what you want to see. Anyways, while part of me wants to love them, currently me and the vintage Levi's trend just can't see eye to eye. Back this pair went. And the journey continues.

No comments :

Post a Comment