Description

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

CORN BREAD


Whenever I think of corn bread, I think of The Parent Trap and Hallie's favorite corn bread and chili. This recipe is the best corn bread I've ever had. Before this I wasn't even a fan of corn bread. This whole pan was gone within two hours. And no, I didn't eat all of it. 

You will need:

2/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 2/3 cups milk
2 1/3 cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, combine eggs and milk with a fork. In a third bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt, and whisk until combined. Add to creamed mixture, alternating between egg mixture and dry ingredients. 

Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Can be served warm or cold.

1 comment :

  1. Yum! I love corn bread, so I'll have to try this out sometime. Thanks for sharing!

    Kathryn • The Fashionography

    ReplyDelete