Description

Monday, April 18, 2016

RESET / GOALS : APRIL


This past week I've been feeling very out of it, for no apparent reason. I haven't been sleeping and have no motivation to get anything done. Last night (or this morning?), I didn't get to bed until about 4:30 AM. I slept until noon, which felt awful and a waste. I'm hoping to get an essay written for my creative nonfiction class (a major struggle for this science major) and reset tonight by doing a face mask to combat my face breaking out and take an ambien early. Then I will sleep for at least 10 hours and wake up feeling refreshed. At least that's the plan.

I decided it may help to write down my goals for rest of the month (and semester) in order to get back on track.

1 / Eat healthier. More fruits and veggies, protein, less junk food. I started by buying a juice at Starbucks called "Defense Up". I thought I was doing great until they told me how much it costs.

2 / Find a sleep schedule that works and stick to it. I've been going to bed later and later and it's just not working for me. My goal is to be asleep by midnight every night. 

3 / Stretch and lift weights every day. I plan on exercising more and eventually incorporating more cardio after the semester ends but for now, I'm focusing on little steps, instead of trying to change everything at once. 

4 / Focus on just one task at a time, completely. Know that the end is in sight and the hard work will pay off. 

Do you have any tips that help you through slumps? I could use all the help. 

1 comment :

  1. Sorry to hear you're in a bit of a slump, girl! I've been there, and it sounds like your goals are going to be so helpful in getting through it. You got this.

    ReplyDelete