Description

Thursday, March 24, 2016

CUTTING YOUR OWN HAIR


Whenever I decide to cut my hair, there's an immediate "there's a problem, fix it now" attitude that comes along with it. Suddenly my hair seems hideous, heavy, split end prone, and something needs to be done about it. Which can be a problem, since the lady who has cut my hair for the last ten years (who is the sweetest) is so busy it takes a month and a half to get an appointment. To deal, I had my little sister cut my hair in December. It was a bit of a struggle (she had never cut hair before) but ended up looking just as good as getting a haircut, for zero dollars.

Which brings me to last night. For some reason, I felt the need to cut my hair, and decided it was a good idea to do it myself. Not my brightest moment. I started off over the sink, with dry hair, which I've since (this morning) learned isn't the best way. It turned out fine, in my opinion (feel free to judge), and I think I'm going to make a regular thing of it.

This morning, in an attempt to fix any mistakes that happened in the dark of last night, I watched a few helpful YouTube videos.





1 comment :

  1. Good for you for just going for it! I would most definitely butcher my hair if I tried to cut it, haha.

    ReplyDelete