Description

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

MY LITTLE CACTUS IS GROWING + A LONG RAMBLE ABOUT NOTHING


I'm really proud of this little guy. There were a few that died before him. But look at all his new sprouts! Everyone else in our little family is doing well, I've kept them alive for almost a year. I may not be emotionally stable enough to take care of a dog or a baby (I can barely emotionally care for myself), I can take care of plants with an almost weird amount of responsibility and caring. Key to keeping them alive: water them weekly by setting a reminder on your phone. Also, google a lot if they start to look sad. There are people out there that know much more than you. Use their knowledge. 

Also, I saw this forest critter garden pot a few weeks ago at Anthropologie. I usually don't do the whimsical thing and am more toward minimalist and modern but it's so cute. And I would name him Bear. 

In other news, the other day while in the Chik-Fil-A drive thru, I realized I have never actually been INSIDE a Chik-Fil-A and was slightly disappointed in myself. I mean, is this what it's come to America? I know they're convenient but I really need to up my human interaction. Also, their shakes are SO GOOD. I've now been there twice this week for their strawberry shake. 

You know when you're scrolling through Twitter and you see those random click-bait tweets that say: "Study finds..." and then it's something that I'm pretty sure everyone in the world already knew like, couples that are friends first stay together longer, or not washing your hands lead to disease. Duh! Who are these people conducting these studies? Are they getting paid? Who thinks this is a good idea? Think of the time, energy and money that went into them. 

The other day, I was walking up the walk to my parent's house for dinner and my dad was apparently watching me (he does that). I get to the door and he asks me what I was talking to myself about. Sadly, I didn't realize I was and am now wondering if I do this all the time. And how many people notice. My thought process on the walk from my car to the front door: "This flag is not hanging right, we need to fix it. The bushes are starting to change colors, I guess that means it's fall. Maybe I should take a picture? Oh a gnome!" I think the insight into my mind scared him a little. Yes, I am on medication.

My stomach hurts, I'm in bed watching "Friends" and dreading the fact that I have to go to work in an hour. Can we start a countdown to the weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment