Description

Monday, September 28, 2015

CURRENTLY READING: WHY NOT ME?


I will preface this by saying Mindy Kaling is my favorite author. When I read her books, or interviews, or anything where she is talking as herself, I feel like she is my best friend/the older sister I never had. She is hilarious and talented but has always worked extremely hard and encourages you to do the same. I've read her first book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) multiple times, and each time it feels fresh and new. When she announced her new book Why Not Me?, I couldn't wait to read it. I even bought the actual hard copy which I NEVER do because I hate having excess things that take up space. (See: The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.)

Mindy's second book did not disappoint. The chapter on BJ Novak made me cry. The rest made me laugh and want to be a better person, the best version of myself, and keep working hard to achieve my dreams. Whenever I'm feeling uninspired, or down on myself, I turn to Mindy and I recommend you do to. Share it with your sisters, your nieces, all these girls becoming young women. I hope they will learn from us and from Mindy as well.


Happy reading.

No comments :

Post a Comment