Description

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

CURRENTLY READING: THE LIFE CHANGING MAGIC OF TIDYING UP


Ever since I was little, I've been obsessed with cleanliness. Embarassingly, I was once at a friend's house and said we should do a 15 minute "spick up". What five year old says that? I clean when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, you name it. It just has a way of making me feel better. I kept hearing about this book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. Over two million copies sold, said the sticker on the front. When I finally decided to reserve it at the library, I was number 147 in the queue. Even in my small town of Eagle, Idaho, totally behind on the times, people had heard and were reading this book.

Note: make sure that you have time when you begin reading to immediately begin tidying. Because immediately after starting it, I wanted to start cleaning out my closet, clearing off my nightstand, and tidying my purse. Marie Kondo is able to put into words everything I've ever thought about tidying. She has devoted her life to helping people change their life by taking control of their space. I firmly believe that having a space that only surrounds you with things that bring you joy will inspire you to accomplish your goals and dreams. Not everyone will share in this thinking but I highly recommend this book. 

2 comments :

  1. I keep hearing such great things about this book! I'm kind of nervous to read it though, because as someone also slightly obsessed with cleanliness, I'm afraid the second I read it I will immediately go into an organizing frenzy...haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will want to start cleaning everything about your life right away, so make sure you have time before you start!

    ReplyDelete