Description

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

LAST DAY / FIRST DAY


Tomorrow is my last day at my old job as office manager (also known as, assistant, but sometimes we used office manager so we sounded more professional than we may have been). It's a job I've been at, more or less, for four years. Four years of my life I've spent there. A tiny part is sad to leave. Not the actual job, but some of the people. They've helped me through hard times, become life long friends and mentors, and are truly some of the best people I've ever met. They've helped shape and guide me to this point in life, to a place where I want to move forward and do what makes me happy. I saw myself being sucked in to a job where my soul was not in it, it was not happy, I was not happy. I didn't want to wake up every day for the rest of my life and do something that didn't make me want to even get out of bed in the morning. And this whole week, my last week, I've woken up excited to start the day. Because it's over. And I'm moving on. 

Last week, I started my new job. It feels weird to even say the words. I've spent the last four years with the same company and me leaving them is a huge step for me. A step forward personally but currently a step back in my career. People have asked why I would want to leave the position I'm at to work as a kitchen's assistant at a cooking school making minimum wage. Joy. That is why. After years of barely having the energy to get out of bed, I want to feel joy again. Joy in my life. In what I'm doing. 

On Monday of next week, I start school. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to make all the payments, as I sit here attempting to find the lowest price on my textbooks. But it will work out. I have faith again, in myself and in my future. I can't wait to see what 2015 will bring. 

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for the sweet comment you left me! Congratulations on the new job, of course it is easier said than done but to be doing something you love and can get excited about is such a beautiful thing (even if to people on the outside it doesn't make sense). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life always seems to be easier said than done but I'm up for the challenge (hopefully). Thanks for the encouragement! And PS, your blog is adorable and I added it to my list of daily reads. Keep it up!

      Delete