Description

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


In high school, I became known for my chocolate chip cookies, which has continued on throughout my life. Our freshman year of college, my friend called me and asked me to bake a special batch for her mom, who had been hearing about these delicious cookies of mine for years. My brothers request them constantly. My aunt called me just the other day asking how I made my cookies taste so good because I had inspired her to start baking again. The secret is, I follow the recipe on the back of the Hershey's chocolate chip bag. Just be sure to follow the recipe exactly.

You will need:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) Hershey's milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in large mixer fitted with the dough hook. Mix until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.  Stir in chocolate chips. Test for taste. :)

Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough balls onto parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire raack. Cool completely.

Original recipe found here.

2 comments :

  1. Currently craving some cookies now! They look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep dough in the freezer just for the spur of the moment cravings when I may not have the time to make a whole batch. Plus it's great when you only need a few in the time.

      Delete