Description

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

CHEERS TO NEW BEGINNINGS


This week, I can't seem to stop smiling. It's a new feeling for me. I haven't felt truly excited about something in so long. I couldn't even remember or realize what emotion I was feeling and then it washed over me, the joy and excitement of new, of change, of doing something that makes me happy. And let me say, I like this feeling. I like it a lot. 

As I shared in an earlier post, after four years, I decided to quit my soul sucking office job. That cubicle life isn't working for me and never has. Unlike everyone else, I never added a personal touch to mine. Not one. No pictures, no plants, no art, nothing. I came in, did the work and headed out. And in a few weeks, I'll be done. 

I'm going back to school with an end career goal in mind, with a part time job as a chef's assistant at a cooking school. Basically my dream job, in a much smaller form. Yes, it's a lot less money that I'm making down. Yes, to most I'm taking a step down in my career life. But I don't care. For me, I'm choosing happiness. And my dad agrees, believes, and supports me in what I'm doing and that makes me even happier. 

So tonight, I'm watching "Because I Said So" and going to bed early in celebration. Happy days may be here again. I have renewed faith. And for me, that is huge. Goodnight, moon.

1 comment :

  1. I'm so happy for you!! What a great end to 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete