Description

Monday, October 27, 2014

YEAR 22 BEGINS


Sunday was my 22nd birthday, which was of course celebrated with two birthday cakes and lots of obligatory Taylor Swift singing. I'm feelin' 22, happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time, miserable and magical, oh yeahhhh. 21 was a year of growth and figuring things out. While I'm not even close to having life together in any way shape or form, I am happy with the person I'm becoming. A few lessons I've learned this year:

1 // Quality over quantity-- in all aspects of life.
2 // Dancing it out makes everything better, even just for a moment.
3 // It's okay to not have it all figured out. What's right for someone else isn't necessarily right for you.
4 // Try not to overthink-- sometimes, you just have to say "what the hell."
5 // Taking care of my mind and body is a top priority. Nothing else will ever come together properly if I'm not thinking of myself. Reading, meditating, taking time to recharge contribute to my overall well being. 
6 // "Don't compare your behind the scene's to someone else's highlight reel."
7 // Cooking has become my safe haven. The kitchen is my stress free haven, as I cook for people I love, my anxiety slowly fades and I feel at ease with myself.
8 // Looking my best makes me feel my best. Having a daily uniform of sorts has made getting dressed easy but also enjoyable, as I know every item in my closet is something I truly love. Also, it gives me an excuse to continue my online shopping habit.
9 // It's okay to be happy with a simple, routine life. 
10 // Pick your battles: with yourself and with others. Be easy on people, we're all doing the best we can.

I'm hoping 22 is my best year yet and that all those birthday cake wishes come true. 

No comments :

Post a Comment