Description

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

IS IT SOUP SEASON YET?



I was feeling off today and decided to make my favorite creamy chicken noodle soup, which immediately turned my mood around. It just felt like fall and that ease and comfort just washed over me. Just shutting down for a minute, spending some time in the kitchen, and making one of my favorite meals helped me remember all the things I have to be grateful for. 

You will need:

2 tsp. chicken soup base
3 cups chicken stock
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint half and half
2 cups shredded chicken
4 cups dry noodles (I prefer farfaralle)

In a large pot, heat chicken stock and chicken soup base. Once the chicken base is dissolved and mixture is heated, add carrots, celery, and onions and bring to a boil. Add cream of chicken soup. Mix and continue to heat. Add half and half, shredded chicken, and noodles, and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Best served with a big hunk of sourdough bread and butter. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment