Description

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

GRATEFUL


For the past few weeks, I've been struggling with anxiety and just a general feeling of being down. I'm in a rut for no specific reason and so many reasons at the same time. This life can be so damn difficult sometimes. At the end of the day, all I want is to be happy. And I'm going to work hard at being happy, at recognizing what makes me happy and making changes in my life, where changes need to be made, to achieve that end goal. This morning I woke up dreading the work day, having to deal with actual people, and decided to focus on little things that I'm grateful for:

1 // My little plants. I am working hard at keeping you alive, please, please don't die. 
2 // A brand new bar of soap. OCD, germ freak, here I am.
3 // My sunburn from this weekend, a reminder of all the time I spent laying out by the pool and that summer is still here. I'm not letting it leave yet.
4 // Having all my laundry done, folded, and put away. I even ironed.
5 // Boxes of the freshest peaches, eaten for breakfast and peach pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. 
6 // Physically writing out my to do list (instead of just keeping it in my phone) and crossing things off. Slow but steady, right?
7 // Pinterest. Pinterest calms me at the end of every day.

No comments :

Post a Comment