Description

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

SUMMER TOMATO + BASIL PASTA


We are overflowing with tomatoes from the garden around here and I've been looking for ways to incorporate them into every meal. I wanted something simple and fresh tasting for a quick dinner and after poking around for a few minutes, found this recipe I'd bookmarked a few months back. I adapted a little and was so happy with the end result, I can't wait to make it again tomorrow.

You will need:
Angel hair pasta
Tomatoes
Olive oil
Garlic clove
Fresh basil, chopped
Salt (I prefer sea salt)
Pepper
Parmesan cheese, grated

Boil pasta and drain. For the sauce, dice tomatoes and heat in pan on simmer in pan with a dash of olive oil. Add pressed garlic, fresh chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste. Keep on low heat and stir. Add to pasta and mix, topping with a generous amount of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment