Description

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

AROUND HERE LATELY


The past few weeks have been exhausting. When I broke down in tears while watching "The Lucky One" on TV the other night, I knew it was time for a break. (Zac Efron in that movie though, kills me, I fell in love.) The introvert inside needed time to recharge. So I set aside this afternoon to regroup. When I got home, sweats were immediately changed in to, I filled up on leftovers, and have been watching one of my favorite movies "Because I Said So" while whipping up a batch of cinnamon rolls. It's been a little stormy out this afternoon, creating the perfect backdrop for my afternoon.


This morning I broke down after not drinking coffee for a few weeks. I needed caffeine to make it through the day. I went in to my normal coffee shop and after placing my order, my favorite little barista asked about my order: "does it ever change?" I laughed and told her, "No, it doesn't!" I rarely even change to iced. But she got me thinking about where my order even came from. Small white chocolate mocha always, by the way. One time I tried a caramel machiatto, which just didn't sit right. A few years ago, I was in Seattle with my brother and our good friend. My little brother, saint that he sometimes is, ran out to get us breakfast down the street while the girls got ready. He came back with my very first white mocha ever and it's been my signature drink ever since.

In the elevator on my way up to the office today, I gave myself a pep talk, which is becoming a daily occurence. Pep talks in my head to myself, encouraging, motivating when I need it. Mix it in with my favorite song and you have my recipe for getting through the day.

And with that little anecdote, I'm off to eat a fresh cinnamon roll and maybe watch "Because I Said So" again because, why not? 

No comments :

Post a Comment