Description

Thursday, June 26, 2014

THOUGHTS LATELY


1// For years and years, I had long, layered hair that I straightened daily. During my teenage years, filled with anxiety about the way I looked, my hair was my safety net. With the new year, I chopped it off. Gladly, willingly, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The other day at work, an older lady told me, "I always liked your hair long." She then promptly walked away. Well, it's short now. So thank you for informing me you think I looked better with long hair. 

2// My new favorite snack, sourdough bread with butter and freshly shredded parmesan. 

3// Whenever I give people directions (and question why they don't have a smartphone), I stress for the next hour over whether or not I sent them the right way. And I'll really never know. They either got there or I sent them in the completely wrong, opposite direction. Either way, move on, right?

4// "You should not have to rip yourself into pieces to keep others whole." This quote, found via pinterest, is officially my new motto. Slowly piecing myself back together, giving little pep talks, and pinning inspirational quotes to my secret boards.

5// Why is my bed comfiest in the half hour between the time my alarm goes off and when I actually get up? The temperature, the slight wind. Windows open used to scare me (overreactor that has watched wayyyyy too many SVU episodes, raise your hand!) and I still keep them just **barely** open but that breeze is worth it. I do have those moments of paralyzing fear that someone is going to break in and get me occasionally. Little steps. 

6// Sometimes, cake just needs to be eaten for breakfast.

7// Naps. Where have you been all my life? In high school, my best friend Hadley used to nap every day after school. I miss her so. 

8// Why do elevator close buttons never seem to work? I feel like they are just there to make you feel like you had to wait a little bit less but don't actually do anything. 

No comments :

Post a Comment