Description

Sunday, December 22, 2013

TODAY WAS THE PERFECT SUNDAY

A random shot of my bedside table, where everything is piled. Note to self, always buy nightstands that have drawers

Sundays are some of the best days. Sundays are for: church, brunch, naps, and late dinners. You know when you're little and every Sunday night, you dread monday morning because you know the next day you have to go back to school? Well, I feel that way every sunday night, but about work. 

Anyways, today was the perfect Sunday. I got up and went to church with Liz, my beautiful mom, went to breakfast/brunch and then came home and promptly fell asleep watching "Heroes" for about three hours. Basically bliss. Oh and then I ate a toblerone. Yay for Christmas treats!  

Today got me thinking about the whole breakfast/brunch debacle. Did you even know it was a debacle? Because it is. When I lived in california, for about two seconds, almost everyone I knew went out to brunch on weekends. They would walk to adorable, trendy restaurants in their neighborhood that served mimosas, fresh eggs and bacon, freshly squeezed orange juice, pancakes with maple syrup, everything fresh and delicious. But here in Idaho, which is so great in so many ways, we are way behind other parts of the country in certain departments, one being food. There are SO MANY chain restaurants. Which does not equal brunch. 

Little local restaurants, food that tastes homemade and fresh, is truly what brunch is about. You go out with your friends, family, boyfriend, girlfriend, whoever and sit around and have a leisurely breakfast at 10:30 in the morning. You talk about life. I think idaho needs to get on the brunch train. It's time. And I'm making it my mission.  (And also, we'd love a real Nordstrom… but I have a feeling that may never happen.)  

No comments :

Post a Comment