Description

Saturday, November 2, 2013

CHOPPED


I've pretty much had the same hairstyle since about the second grade, when I grew out my bangs with a little push from my favorite aunt.  (Side story: I tried to do grow them out in first grade and then they got to the point where they weren't long enough to tuck behind my ears but too long to wear out and were constantly in my eyes. So I cut them one day by myself in the bathroom. Then immediately started growing them out again because I hated them so much.) I did experiment with the whole side bang thing in the seventh grade when I let my friend Andrea cut them in the bathroom at our morning break but since then, long with layered. Most days, I would straighten it, which was time consuming and annoying. If I didn't straighten it, I would have it up in a bun on the top of my head. This woman at my office would also tell me I looked like "Cindy Lou w\Who", which was said in a condescending way and would make me want to punch her.

About a month ago, I decided to just chop it all off. Immediately. But then had to wait a month to get an appointment with Vanessa, the only person I trust with my hair. And we chopped off six inches. It's been the best decision. I absolutely love it. I literally can roll out of bed, throw some beach wave spray in it and I'm good. It's truly amazing how a haircut can give you a new perspective but this one really has. I feel like my outside finally matches my insides. I'm ready for new things and new adventures and experiences.

No comments :

Post a Comment