Description

Sunday, September 22, 2013

TO BE




This week, I noticed this picture on Lululemon's Instagram feed and it caught my attention. I adore lists and am obsessed with crossing tasks off. Sometimes, I'll write things down after I've done them, just for the satisfaction of crossing them off.  

But really, why am i doing the tasks? What am i working for? Is there an end goal in sight? There's a quote somewhere along the lines of "every big achievement can be broken down into a series of mundane tasks." Sometimes in this life, we get so caught up in crossing things off our list, accomplishing goals without the big picture in our mind.  

And in the big picture, in the long run, all I want is to be happy. To feel true joy. But I always put happiness at the end of a goal. I'll be happy when I... finish school, quit my job, have a family (it changes on a daily basis). Instead of taking the time to be. To become the person I want to be, someone I'm proud of, someone I love.  

In order to really work on myself and appreciate my life, I've come up with my own list of "to be's":

--be happy

--be grateful
--be kind and compassionate
--be honest
--be enthusiastic
--be inspired
--be generous

This week, I'll focus on:
--saying my prayers every morning and night
--reading instead of watching tv
--not dwelling on the bad things, complaining, and focus only on the good
--taking more pictures

No comments :

Post a Comment