Description

Monday, August 12, 2013

CAFFEINE DETOX

After a visit to the doctor for a wellness exam (my first since I went to the pediatrician), I decided to evaluate my caffeine intake. People have noticed how fidgety I am and by the afternoon, I start to suffer from massive headaches. After doing some research on the internet, I learned that caffeine detoxification is actually a thing. Not only is my daily Starbucks habit expensive (you can spend over $700 a year!) AND packed with calories, often the caffeine "boost" you get from your morning coffee is actually just your body experiencing the disappearance of withdrawal symptoms that happened overnight.  

Yikes.  

Starting today, I've decided to cut out caffeine. That means no more morning Starbucks runs, no more afternoon Pepsi's, I'm not even going to use my medication that has caffeine in it. As a person with zero self control (I once tried to do a cleanse with a co-worker and didn't even last a morning), I know this will be tough. I've learned to love my daily routine but am going to try to make the change for my health. And part of me also just wants to see if I really can do it.  According to WebMD, side effects can include headaches, nausea, irritability, mood swings, and dizziness. Wish me luck.

No comments :

Post a Comment