Description

Friday, July 12, 2013

LONDON

Even though we've been back for over two weeks, I am finally getting around to sorting through and editing the over 700 pictures I took while Olivia and I were in Europe. (Confession: it took me finishing the eighth season of "Grey's Anatomy" last night before I decided to even start. I think I'm having withdrawals already.)

Our first stop was London, England and when we touched down in Heathrow, I could barely contain my excitement. Being in a foreign country really opened my eyes. Out of all the places we visited (London, Paris, Assisi, Florence, and Rome), London reminded me the most of the United States and it was a good starting off point. It helped to adjust to the time change and the major culture shock by being able to speak the language. A British man tried to impersonate my accent and suffice it to say, I sounded like a hick straight from Idaho.  


Olivia tended to fall asleep a lot.  Including in a Starbucks and on a boat tour of the River Seine in Paris.
A sweet reminder in the Salt Lake City Airport.

On the final plane to Heathrow. I wore those clothes for two days. By the end, we were both incredibly cranky, but it was well worth it.

The first stop in London. Olivia wore a lot of interesting outfits, as you'll see... She really is one of a kind. :)


The architecture in all three countries was so different and unique. It reinforced the saying "America is a melting pot". You could see the styles America has borrowed from England, France, and Italy. I spent a lot of time just walking and looking. Being surrounded by that much culture and history was mind boggling.  



My brother's name is Jacob and we had to make sure to snap a picture for him.

This ended up being one of my favorite pictures of the entire trip.  These doors on this church were massive!

Making friends with the pigeons.


Having never travelled to major tourist attractions (I've been to the Golden Gate Bridge but my dad lived in Seattle for three years and I never even ventured to the space needle), I was amazed by the amount of people that had traveled from all over the world. As we walked, I could hear so many different languages being spoken. For some reason, when I pictured us traveling, I hadn't pictured all the tourists! 

London was beautiful and so full of history. I mean, who couldn't love  a place where William, Kate and Harry live. If I ever get the opportunity to go back, I will definitely take it. Next stop, Paris!

No comments :

Post a Comment